i Get… My Classmates Photo Books
i Get… My Classmates is an application offering picture, text and audio support to individuals learning about classmates at their school. Six of the icons are preprogrammed with real-life photos and titles of school, staff and classmates, with thirty icons that can be personalized by the user. Text statements and audio recording can be individualized for each picture allowing the app to be used for a variety of purposes, including receptive identification, expressive labeling and providing support to identifying classmates names and other information. Personal photos of your child’s classmates can be added with a camera ready Apple device or imported from the user’s photo album. An audio feature allows the user to hear a prerecorded message for each icon using the device’s microphone.
Typically developing young children meeting their classmates in school for the first time and those with developmental delays such as language impairments, ADHD, auditory processing disorders, PDD-NOS and autism will benefit from this interactive application. Parents, teachers, SLP’s and other support professionals will appreciate the user friendly design.
Many great features to customize your books!
- Six pre-made photo icons and thirty user made icons
- Thirty customizable icons
- Pre-made icons can be turned on or off
- User can add personalized text to each picture
- Audio may be added
- Changes to the information are easily made in the settings section.
- Display order of the icons can be selected by the user.
- All icons may be replaced with personalized photos.
- Completion can be indicated by the use of a checkmark feature.
- My Classmates with 6 pre-made pages that can be customized
- More Classmates to add additional classes
- My Favorite – blank book
- My Photos – blank book
- How Do I… book illustrating all app features
Ideas for using i Get… My Classmates
- Import pictures or take pictures of class members in the app using the camera button on a camera ready Apple device. Brainstorm conversational topics for class members, such as hobbies and interests. Make a list in the “Notes” section on each icon page. Refer to the notes during conversational opportunities, such as snack breaks.
- Practice verb tenses. Take pictures of class members engaged in different activities. Ask the child to use the appropriate verb form to label each picture.
- Use the pronouns “he” and “she” while describing the pictures. The personal pronoun “we” can be targeted by importing pictures or taking pictures of the child with the class member. Prompts may be added by including sentence structure support in the text box and fading as needed.
- Take pictures of each class member illustrating the same or different facial expressions. Compare the facial features of each class member. Label what is similar and/or different.
More Identification Apps
Keep in Touch for News & Promo Codes
Comment, Request & Bug Report