i Get… My FamilyiTunes4.5
i Get… My Family
i Get… My Family is an application offering picture, text and audio support to individuals learning about people in their family. Nine of the icons are labeled with titles of family members which can be customized. Personal photos of family members can be imported to each page. In addition your own text statements and audio comments can be added for each picture allowing the app to be used for a variety of purposes, including receptive identification and expressive labeling. Typically developing young children learning about family members and those with developmental delays such as language impairments, ADHD, auditory processing disorders, PDD-NOS and autism will benefit from this interactive application. Parents, teachers, SLP’s and other support professionals will appreciate the user friendly design.
- Nine pre-made icons and adding unlimited additional photo pages
- User can add personalized text to each picture
- Audio may be added
- Changes to the information are easily made in the settings section.
- Display order of the icons can be selected by the user.
- All icons may be replaced with personalized photos.
- Completion can be indicated by the use of a checkmark feature.
Family members included
Ideas for using i Get… My Family
- Brainstorm conversational topics, such as hobbies and interests, for each individual in i Get… My Family. Make a list in the “Notes” section on each icon page.
- Import pictures or take pictures of family members in the app using the camera button on a camera ready Apple device. Prior to a family event, discuss with your child who and how to greet each individual.
- Use i Get… My Family as a visual support to target narrative discourse objectives. While at a family event, pictures can easily be taken of the child in various activities with family members using the camera button in the app on your camera ready device. Custom pages for novel activities are easily created in the “Settings” section. Written details can be added in the text box of each page. Using the pictures and text, the child can be more independent and descriptive in sharing his/her family experience with family members and friends.
- Practice verb tenses. Take pictures of family members engaged in different activities. Ask the child to use the appropriate verb form to label each picture.
- Use i Get… My Family to take pictures of family members. Use the pronouns “he,” “she,” and “they” while describing the pictures. The personal pronoun “we” can be targeted by importing pictures or taking pictures of the child with the family member. Prompts may be added by including sentence structure support in the text box and fading as needed.
- Take pictures of each family member illustrating the same facial expression. Compare the facial features of each family member. Label what is similar and/or different.
More Identification Apps
Keep in Touch for News & Promo Codes
Comment, Request & Bug Report